Viewers Like You, LLC / CSz Portland
Portland, Oregon plus US, UK and Germany
Professional Development Workshops applying improv techniques, theories and approaches to the needs of Corporate, Mid-Size and Small Companies; School Faculty and NGO / Pastoral Groups, Sports Teams and Youth Groups.
In addition, our team offers:
ComedySportz Touring Shows
Workshop / Performance Hybrids
Public Speaking and Presentation Skills Training
"The program was thought-provoking, fun and helpful. Everyone on the planning committee was pleased with the time and effort you put into working with us, and in planning a program that was fun and meaningful for a diverse group of people. CSz was the highest rated portion of the day."
Karin J Immergut, US Attorney
District of Oregon
"Wonderful! We really appreciate your efforts. The event helped solidify and create a great atmosphere within the team."
Nike North America Brand Organization
"WOW! You guys did am amazing job!! Thank you so much for your team making our All Staff event one of the best yet!!!"
Worksource (Washington State)
Improvisation is a highly refined system of observing, connecting and responding. We apply this system to the following:
Design Thinking Prep
Brainstorming / Creativity
Breaking Down Walls and Silos within Organizations
Anti-Hazing and Anti-Bullying
Our first focus is fun. Once our participants are laughing, we can help them make significant discoveries.
Patrick Short, a 30-year veteran of ComedySportz, was involved in our very first engagement with Apple in 1989. Patrick began using Applied Improvisation during graduate school, teaching elementary education candidates at the University of Wisconsin how to survive in the classroom. After receiving the MFA degree in Directing, Patrick moved into hi-tech marketing and then sales, assisting clients with their acquisition of manufacturing and distribution systems; this career allowed him the opportunity to learn how companies work - and sometimes don't work. He's taught our 101 Class, a beginning improv course, over 95 times - and has designed and led custom workshops for over 500 organizations. Patrick is the co-author of Jill and Patrick's Small Book of Improv for Business and Yes, And Your Customer Service.
* We've performed over 5000 shows and taught more than 2000 workshops in Portland since 1993 - in a business with an average lifespan of six months.
* We operate a profitable for-profit company - most theatres are not-for-profit and most teachers in our business are sole proprietors; we're putting our own training into practice - in our own company - every day.
* We have particular experience with high-tech, medical providers, sales and marketing, government, legal and accounting firms, youth groups and sports teams.
* Through CSz Worldwide, CSz Workshop Leaders are available across the US, in the UK and Germany. We are able to bring our resources to multiple locations with a single point of contact.
* Clients include Nike, Intel, Apple, IBM, GE, Swiss Colony, Kaiser Permanente, HP, Horizon Air, US Forest Service, State of Oregon and many more. Please visit our website for a long list.